With the 3 in 1 solution, the plants and machine builders have a decentralized and compact Remote IO valve terminal for the first timefor controlling pneumatic actuators for the hazardous area Zone 1/21.
- The Ethernet connection (Profinet or Modbus TCP / IP)
is executed in increased safety Ex e.
- Ex media converters or fieldbus couplers in the safe area are not required and the full Ethernet performance can be used.
- No IO modules required on the PLC
- The BEx1 module does not have to be parameterised or configured and behaves transparently in the control I / O
- Paint shops
- Pharmaceutical plants
- Chemical plants
- Tank farm
- Bulk materials handling systems
- Mixing / grinding plants
- Industrial heating / cooling systems
- Sewage treatment plants and much more
Compact – Simple – Fast
- Central Ethernet connection, central compressed air connection
- The compact housing enables optimal decentralized installation in the system and guarantees short distances to the sensors and the pneumatic actuators.
- No compressed air tubing inside the housing.
- Cost savings and less installation effort
The ATEX certified system in the field housing is designed for installation in Zone 1/21The BEx1 Remote IO valve terminal combines bus nodes, isolating switching amplifiers, intrinsically safe IO channels and the pneumatic valve terminal.
Functions and communication
- Up to 16 valve terminals 3/2
- Up to 8 valve terminals 5/2 oder 5/3
- Or combinations
(Valve terminals are installed and pre-wired)
- 16 Namur inputs for position feedback
Field housing example variant with 8 valvesMaterial: Stainless steel 1.4404 (V4A)Protection class: IP 65Size: 380 x 380 x 161 mmOperating temperature: -5°C* to 40°C(*Pressure dew point: -15 C, alternatively class x:3:x according to ISO 8573-1: 2010)Approval: TPS 07 ATEX 61951 1Type of protection: II 2(1) G/D Ex e mb ib [ia Ga] IIC T4 Gb Ex tb [ia Da] IIIC T80°C
10 cable glands M20x1.5 (2x Ex e, 8x Ex i)1 BEx1 Remote IO module1 Valve terminal CPV10 Ex i 8x 3/2 valve1 Pneumatic aluminum multipole1 Maintenance unit combination MSB4
- The valve terminal CPV10-EX-VI is intrinsically safe
II 2G Ex ib IIC T4 (-5°C ≤ Ta ≤ 50°C)
(*Pressure dew point: -15 C, alternatively class x:3:x according to ISO 8573-1: 2010)
- Pneumatic multipole aluminum for wall passage,
- Valve discs 10 mm wide, nominal flow 400 l/min
- Operating pressure: 0 .. 10 bar ; Control pressure: 3 .. 8 bar
- Max. 8 valve disc
- Up to 16 valve functions on 3/2 valve terminal
(2 per valve disc)
- Up to 8 valve functions on 5/2,- 5/3- valve terminal
mono- and bistable, normally closed, normally open
- Manual override detent, groping or blocking
Service unit combination MSB4
- Manual on-off valve (3/2-way), lockable,
with ventilation and exhaust air silencer
- Manual pressure regulator with manometer, lockable
- 40μm filter with manual condensate drain
- Fittings and compressed air hose Festo on request